Jacksonville Child Custody Lawyer
Trusted Advocates for Time-Sharing Disputes in Orange Park, Florida
The most sensitive and challenging part of any divorce or paternity action involves decisions about where the children are going to live. At the Law Office of Stephanie Gurrola PLLC, our goal is always to help our clients keep their children’s best interests in mind when making decisions regarding custody and time-sharing in Jacksonville divorce and paternity disputes.
Contact the Law Office of Stephanie Gurrola PLLC today at (904) 674-3177 for strong and compassionate representation.
Up-to-Date Knowledge of Changing Laws
The laws in Florida regarding child custody, as in many other areas of the country, have changed greatly in recent years. The legislature continues to propose future changes to the law. For this reason, it is imperative for you to seek representation from an experienced divorce attorney with adequate knowledge of the current laws surrounding time-sharing issues.
At the Law Office of Stephanie Gurrola PLLC, we take the time to explain the child custody, now called time-sharing laws, inform you of your rights and options, and the estimated costs of a custody battle. We offer knowledgeable and compassionate legal representation and remain accessible to you throughout the process. We advise our clients to take the high road when possible and remain mindful that how parents deal with each other has a lasting impact on the children and the harmony in their lives, but stand ready to be aggressive when necessary.
Common Custody Issues
We have more than a decade of exclusive family law practice experience in Orange Park, Florida. We are intimately familiar with Florida law, including changes, recent decisions, and the preferences of local judges. We advise clients on all issues regarding child custody and parents’ rights in each of the five major areas.
Those five major areas include:
- Parental Responsibility – The rights and duties in regard to decision-making about education, medical decisions, religious training, and other issues
- Parenting Plan – The plan specifies the parent with whom the child will reside the majority of the time and outlines the time-sharing rights of the non-residential parent
- Child Support – The amount of financial support paid from one parent to another for the care of the children
- Healthcare – This includes decisions regarding who will provide health insurance for the children and pay fees not covered by insurance
- Other Issues – All other issues surrounding children and their care, such as right of first refusal to provide care for the child, extracurricular activities, relocation limitations, and more.
In addition to counsel for issues of child custody and time-sharing, we can provide dedicated representation from a knowledgeable Jacksonville and Orange Park divorce lawyer for your divorce or paternity case. We are committed to helping people through difficult times with aggressive and practical legal services while remaining sensitive to the children and their needs.
Call (904) 674-3177 for a free consultation to discuss your case.